1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buy an iPhone 4S from USA

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by TechMaster7000, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechMaster7000

TechMaster7000 Thread Starter

Hi, I was wanting to get an iPhone 4S 16gb for Christmas so started comparing.

In the UK Apple store, it costs £499.00.
    In the US Apple store, it costs $199.00 (which is £128).

In my opinion, that is absolutely crazy!

Is there some way I could buy it without a contract in the US store? I have an uncle in the US so he could buy it and send it over to me.

Could I then get a O2 or Vodafone contract on it over here?

Many thanks!

2. Android_FX

Android_FX

That $199 most likely means it's tied to a contract, so with monthly payments you would pay eventually that same £499 or even more...

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The $199 price is most definitely a contract price. The non-contract price is what you see in the UK store since they're sold without contracts there.

4. BrennaKessler

BrennaKessler

I have come to know that AT & T offers free iPhone with six months contract. You can confirm that from AT & T website. Also check AT & T and Sprint prices for christmas season. I am sure you will get some budget deal if do a little more search.

Besides that, I would advise you to use VoIP service on iphone. Main VoIP phone service providers like Vonage, Axvoice, Ooma etc. would definitely let you use their service in UK. Plus you will be able to make local calls in USA while living in UK. All you have to do is to install an app on your iphone. Remember you can't use an iphone (that you have got on contract) without getting it unlocked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice