1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buy Office 2007? or buy Office 2003?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wdm2291, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wdm2291

wdm2291 Thread Starter

I have a friend asking me if it's worth it to buy Office 2007 or should she buy Office 2003? (I think she has the option of either right now through her school (although that might be bad info and they might only sell her 2003 right now if she tried to buy it).

Anyone know of any compelling reason to go with one over the other?

Thanks in advance for any input you can give,

Wdm

2. Sponsor

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hello Wdm,

Personally, I like the 2007 better. I enjoy 2003 as well. I like the new features of 2007 and what I can do with it. That being said, it is different for everyone. There are some thing one would have to get used to in 2007. You can download a free trial of the software if you go to Office.Microsoft.com.

I recommend your friend try it out and see how they like it. All of the 2003 keyboard shortcuts from 2003 work in 2007 and the Alt key will help navigate you around the Ribbon (the new menu structure) with great ease. The new Office is very, very powerful. We can give you some application specific pros/cons if you would like. Well, I can give you Excel pros/cons. ;)

Good luck!

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi wdm,
    Don't let your friend overlook the free Open Office suite - a very well regarded alternative:
    OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute.
    http://www.openoffice.org/

Richard.

5. wdm2291

wdm2291 Thread Starter

Thanks, guys, and yes, 1003richards, I forgot to mention that option to her. I will give her that info as well as the free trial download link that firefytr provided.

I appreciate the input (y) :D

6. vookster82

vookster82

Yep, open office if def something to mention. It take a little bit to getting used to, but its free, easily obtained, and very stable...and they even got the portable open office for flash drives. (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice