1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying a Dell computer online seems impossible

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by sharky, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

im looking to buy a dell computer online from this Dell website:

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/offers/specials_3x_special36.htm

the $449 one. However,is it me or is it a Dell trick? i cant fiqure how to buy the $449 without upgrading it. im at work and alrea dy tried calling Dell but was on hold for 20 minutes.

one would think Dell would have one of those checkout links on this page.

2. hewee

hewee

Says...

Dimension 2400 Pentium
    $599
    $549
    [You Save $50]
    Before $100 mail-in-rebate

So the rebate of $100.00 will make it $449.00

3. hewee

hewee

click on the " Rebate Details" link

Where it says at the top...
    $599
    $449
    $50 OFF Instantly
    Online Only PLUS
    $100 Mail-in Rebate
    Rebate Details

He hee if you lived here in my town they have a store that has all the Dells. :D

4. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

its tricky/poor writing.

one has to struggle what EXACT AMOUNT of money they will need today to make the purchase and then where is the check out link?

to buy a computer from dell,i feel the same frustration one gets when they call somewhere and have to go through phone circus of press this button,then that one,then this button.

i would just like to simply purchase the computer: show the amount i need today,then the credit card processing page. the page is very frustrationing

5. hewee

hewee

Call them and give them the...
    E-Value Code
    6V727-D24TVP

Buy Online or Call
    1-800-915-3355

Then you can go through phone circus of press this button,then that one,then this button. :p

6. Rockn

Rockn

You have absolutely no luck with PC's or software do you! It's easy to buy online or on the phone with them. I just purchased one for an office in under 5 minutes on the phone. You are probably dialing the wrong number and getting in the wrong queue. The prices they show as the low prices are basic units with NOTHING extra, no monitor, base memory, base video card, etc. it couldn't be simpler.

7. Lurker1

Lurker1

It seems pretty easy to me. Just go to the customize it page and click through the links at the bottom of the page. Four clicks to ckeckout. Notice that the rebate is a mail in rebate and you will need to pay $549.00 up front.

8. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i took the advice of lurker and made it through easily,i guess it was frustrating because i was actually looking for a basic unit(computer)for basic ,fast internet use

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice