Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buying a Gaming Computer

785 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Compiler 
#1 ·
Heya, :D

I have a budget of $2500 tops, and i am looking for a great gaming computer to be used for mostly MMORPG games such as World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online (When it comes out) and other games that need decent computers. With the cash Im spending, i will need a computer that can be upgraded in the future.

I know practically nothing about computers :confused:, so i need some assistance as to either Computers that are within that budget, or suggestions as to which specs the computer should have. I won't be building a computer because as i said before, i have no knowledge in that area.

Cheers for any comments :)
(p.s I would be happy to spend less than 2500 :D)

#2 ·
look for a machine with and AMD Phenom 64 processor, 2gigz of ram (upgadeable if you wish) and buy a nice video card (BFG 8800GTX or better. SLI is optional)

things like harddrive and DVD drives are personal preference. go google search Keen Machine PC's.

They do a wonderful job combining power, looks, and a great price on their gaming machines.

#3 ·
I am gathering that you are looking to BUY a gaming PC, rather than building... this means an extra $200~800 spent on your part.

Thing is, War of Warcraft doesn't require a lot of power, neither do many games in that type... Does that $2500 include a monitor? I'd recommend the Samsung 24" LCD which is about $450 online.

I prefer AMD, but go ahead and get an Intel... you have the money for it.

Get this Dell XPS 420 - I think it'll get you the best band for your buck. Then get the LCD monitor elswware.. like the Samsung.
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DXDWQJ2&s=dhs

When I configure as is, but with 4GB of RAM, 320GB HD (add $150 for 750GB - they don't offer a 500GB) 8800GT 512mb video card. and media card reader. This is the Vista version, but you can get a WIndowsXP version... your call. Total = $1120 before shipping. Then Add the $450 monitor and your final cost is $1600 before shipping. You'll be playing WOR in 1920x1200 res in max details with no problems. You can even use TWO 24" displays... or buy a 30" monitor for 2050x1600 res ($1000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.