1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying a motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fro, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fro

fro Thread Starter

Sup,

i want to buy a GOOD motherboard,

a fast, and able to overclock motherboard my budget is $55.. do you know a good motherboard that will do the trick?...

For a 478 socket, DDR, 1 AGP 8x, and all possible pci slots, (up to 7 or 6 slots)

oh yea.. and im new to overclocking, can someone hook me up with overclocking guides, or hints, and warnings please?.. thanks..

2. Jones

Jones

Your budget is too low for the things you described. Here's one that would do the job quite nicely, and it's not too much more than your budget:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131484

IMO - You really don't want to go super cheap on your mobo. You'll regret it later, especially if you're pushing your components hard by overclocking.

3. Jones

Jones

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice