1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

buying a new LCD need a little help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KeyStroke, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeyStroke

KeyStroke Thread Starter

Hi there. I'm getting a new Dell 17" LCD monitor soon that has a resolution of 1280x1240 (or something like that) and a 12ms response time , but it has no DVI port. Does this really matter? and how good is the 12ms response time?

I use the computer mainly for surfing website, development and some graphic design with photoshop and maybe flash soon. I might play games sometime but it's less likley. And i'm probably going to go dual screen soon.

and again , do i need a DVI? and how would the 12ms response time be?

thanks in advance :)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

For your use, the 12ms response time will be just fine. I have two 19" monitors on this system, one a 25ms one, and one a 12ms one. I don't see any difference in my development use. You don't need DVI, though I'd be tempted to buy one with a dual interface so that you can run either. Also, many adapters have DVI and VGA, so it makes connecting dual monitors easy, one DVI and one VGA. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/402216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice