1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying A New PC. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UnD3R0aTh, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

I wanna buy a new PC and i need all your advice. I made a mistake once and bought my current PC on my own and the result is i wanna ****ing throw it in the garbage and i just bought it 2 years ago :(.

Anyway, i read some articles on wikipedia about hardware and their specs, but i still dont know what's good for me. Do you think i should stick to 32bit CPU's like P4 or just go for the 64bit Core2 CPU's? im afraid they would be a pain in the butt coz, not sure so correct me if im wrong, they need their own OS's and applications and if i used 32bit OS's and programs , if that is possible, that would be just like using only one core of the CPU, right?

Now that you read what i said above, you think im a complete noob, right? Im not, im a very smart kid :D. Hardware is not really my thing. Also, need your recommendations to buy a good gaming video card, a good main board before all (something that can take upgrades later), hard disk (SATA 2 is good, right?), DVD RW, case and memory. Im not gonna set a range for money coz i know that would smother you, just keep in your brilliant mind that i dont have much :p

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Well, whats your budget? Also whats game do you want to play? Core 2 Duos can be really good for gaming, but also you'll need to find out what components do you need for better gaming. Why not just build your own computer, you'll save tons of money.

3. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

thats what im doing :confused:..i play oblivion and PES2008...just give me your recommendations & dont worry about the money now..but remember, the cheaper the better ;) ..cheap but still good you know what im saying?

4. bigbear

bigbear

The best way to approach this is to go to an online retailer, pick the hardware in your budget and post the links here.
    As you can imagine the choice is immense and you will get better feedback this way.

5. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

yeah that would be better only if i know whats best for me! i dont know whats the difference between DDR & DDR2 or Core2 & P4 or SATA & SATA2..plz someone enlighten me or just choose for me :) im a n00b

6. bigbear

bigbear

It is very hard to put any list together if you don't at least state a budget and what you intend using it for.
    Also where are you in the world so we can recommend retailers

7. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

Something around 700$ :(. I will be using it to play games like PES2008, oblivian and maybe some cod4 & i believe the PC that can handle games can handle anything.

8. vicks

vicks

If you go to www.komando.com and select the buying guide tab, she has some good things to suggest for looking for in purchasing a new computer.
    vicks

9. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

Ok ill check it out, but i dont know if core2duo's are good or not plus im alil bit afraid of 64bit systems coz im not familiar with it, rather dont know anything about it. Pros and cons plz?!

10. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Yes Core 2 Duos are the best processors in the market right now. Its fast and its energy efficient . However, I am the AMD fan tho.

btw, why are you afriad of 64bit systems, the recent cpus can support either 32-bits or 64-bits. Even my processor says AMD X2 64 bit, it still going to run it on 32-bit.

11. dannyn

dannyn

^^ me two. i really like the amd athalon series.

12. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

AMD athlons x2 and good, but Core 2 Duos are better,

However, AMD X2 +5000 black edition is the first 65nm that comes out, its unlockable up to 3 GHZ or more, and its runs like Core 2 Duo E6550 and its alot cheaper. And the price in new egg costs 129.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103194

13. dannyn

dannyn

your right... but i really just like amd. lol
    ok.. i am done hijacking this thread.

14. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Regard to post 5

To be honest with you, DDR2 can be like 30% or more faster than DDR1 and same goes to SATA.
    Right now in the market, most motherboards use DDR2 this time, some motherboards can support DDR3.

15. Poison420

Poison420

Hey there ,

ma8 try to log on www.technoworld.com, they have really good prices plus much more, and they give extended memories as well and mostly FOC. Don't make the same mistake you made last time.

Best of Luck

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!