Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buying a new pc

608 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Hello!

I'm considering buying a new pc - but I'm not gonna put it together myself.
I'm going to buy from Europe, to avoid futher taxation. But i'm not the sharpest person concerning hardware - and i need some help choosing. My budget is at a maximum of 600 euro (inc. operating system), ex. transport.
I'm looking at the following pc at the moment: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-018-OG

I'm going to upgrade the following components;
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9, 270X 4gb
HD: To the 1TB HD
And i'm considering upgrading the memory to 16gb from 8gb. (Although I'm not sure I need it)

This pc is going to be used for gaming - and i would like it to support high graphics, without sacrificing speed.
Can this pc support my needs for the time being and should I upgrade my memory?

Best regards, Simon :)

See less See more
#2 ·
If your using the computer for gaming i would recommend upgrading the memory to 16gb. 8gb is fine for most programs but 16gb will make sure your games run properly without causing any slowdowns. I would also recommend upgrading the Graphics Card to a high quality one because pc games have a lot of graphics & not all graphics cards can support it. The rest of the hardware should be fine for your needs.

#3 ·
The issues I see with that system is a power supply that is a bit weak(450 watts) and an older motherboard, 450 watts is a bit on the low side and you'll see many high end graphics cards calling for 500 watts or more; I think most R9 270X's recommend a 500 watt power supply to be used. The motherboard is based on an old chipset, the AMD 760, rather than the current 900 series chipset that bring a faster overall platform and newer features such as USB 3 and SATA 6GB/s. Memory is fine, I don't know of any games that require 16GB of RAM, usually 16GB is useful for design work and media creation and 8GB is perfectly adequate for gaming. The graphics card is fine but of course there are indeed better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.