1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying a new PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peterwalker, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. peterwalker

peterwalker Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying a new computer but i live on the island of jersey, so choice locally is limited so i am going to purchase online...

I have features and specifications which i require from my computer but as you can imagine finding a PC with all of these is near impossible....so does anybody know a site where i can enter certain criteria and it will find suitable or ideal matches for my needs ??

Post links or advice here !

thanks alot everyone !!

Peter

2. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Well, it depends on what you are looking for. Dells are usually well reccomended, however, i have had some problemms with them before. It would really help if we knew what you needed.

3. Rockn

Rockn

Dell, Compaq, Gateway and i am sure places like Alienware and others have online configurators.

4. crossgrain

crossgrain

Monarch Computer and United Micro are both pretty good. Neither one has every product under the sun (but you can pick up the odds and ends from www.newegg.com), their build quality and warranties are just as good if not better than the 'big boys'. I've used both of them before and have had ZERO problems.

5. DFC

DFC

B4 buying on-line, I suggest you check here to get user feedbacks on resellers first.

6. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Check out www.cpusolutions.com.
    They've been in business 6 years and I stand by them %100.
    I get my items in a day or two.
    I kind of resell (build PC's for companies and charge them).
    Great deals, great prices, great brand names, great products.
    Just build a barebone system and go from there.
    If you need a modem, add a modem.
    If you need a 80GB hard drive, add a 80GB hard drive.
    If you need anything, add what you need.

Period point blank....they are a good company and won't rip you off.

Remember to click on Barebones and go from there!

7. brite750

brite750

8. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

Ummm... how about an Apple? :cool:

9. PaveFE

PaveFE

Buy your parts on-line and build your own. Off the shelf stuff like Dell, Compaq, HP, etc, all suck. Very proprietary on the upgrades, and a crap load of bundled software that nobody wants. Customer support is usually someone from India.
    Build your own, it's easy, cheaper, and you get what you pay for. Ownership of a quality product is the biggest thing. You can swap out parts as you see fit (you can't really do that with the others).
    I HIGHLY recommend newegg.com. They have great prices and VERY good customer service. Free shipping will usually get you your stuff in 2-3 business days.

10. PaveFE

PaveFE

I like Oranges better :p

11. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I believe the Island of Jersey is somewhere around the shores of Britain. I could be mistaken it has happened one or two times in the past!

12. PaveFE

PaveFE

It in the Channel Islands

13. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

14. peterwalker

peterwalker Thread Starter

yes it is in channel islands and there are computer shops, just very limited choice !!

thanks for all your help lads !!

15. brite750

brite750

Oh, I thought you were talking about New Jersey usa, and were tryin to make it sound a little more exotic, "The Island of Jersey" like the island of manhatten, never mind.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice