1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying a used laptop vs buying a new one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nimbus10, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nimbus10

Nimbus10 Thread Starter

Guys, maybe someone's got an idea, if I'm making the right decision here. I'm about to purchase a used, but refurbished Dell Latitude E6540 from 2014 for roundabout 700 Euros. For that kind of money I could easily afford a brand new budget laptop. Thing is, the Dell is quite a powerhouse, a dated one, but still, it's packed with OK specs (I think, or more precisely, guess - I'm not really that much of a tech freak)

It comes with:
    Win10
    Intel Core i7-4800MQ (4x 2,7 Ghz)
    16 GB RAM
    15,6'' FHD Display
    512 GB SSD
    1. Intel HD Graphics 4400; 2. AMD Radeon 8790MQ (2GB GDDR5)
    and a 24 months assurance

I use my laptop mostly for editing and rendering (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere and such), slight gaming and research stuff.
    Would be great if anyone could help me out with a little hint.

I hope this is the right kind of platform for this sort of questions.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Compared with new, one of the biggest problems I've seen with refurbished laptops is a lousy battery. Another is weight. If you can live with that though, the above looks like it could be a decent buy.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    Looks expensive to me, I would check prices for same model on Ebay.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice