Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buying CDs

578 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Brooks 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm ready to go and buy a big amount of CD-RW :)

Any brand names or speed in particular you guys recomend it?

thanks

Alex

#2 ·
The only thing you have to decide is what quality you want to get, and obviously the higher quality the less risk for errors on the recording. As for speed, in my opinion you can buy the slowest speed disks out there and record them at any speed because that really doesn't matter and you don't need to spend all that money on epensive 24x cdr... because they all record at the same speed.

#3 ·
Opps... just noticed you were talking about cdrw... not cdr. I don't know if it is the same thing with the cdr and I think you need to buy the correct speed disks that you want to record at.

#4 ·
Avoid those plain label types, you know the "store brand". We bought a pack of Office Depot brand ones that well just were not very reliable. I found that going with a good brand name meant that I had a lot less problems with burns and especially re-burns. Better to spend a little more than to burn that very important file to disk and then can't retrieve it.

As for speed, go with the cd-rw that best matches the speed of your burner. You will just be wasting money buying a cd-rw that is faster than your drives cd-rw write speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.