buying computer off craigslist ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muddy123

i might have a gaming desktop delivered, about $370; what should i look out for ? i had a bad experience in 2002 doing this, computer kept crashing when it was asked to do a lot, the other time in 2008 the computer was fine; thanks

SUEOHIO

SUE
Id make sure you get some kind of a money back guarantee.Personally buying a computer from ebay or craigslist can be risky unless its a trusted seller and even then you have to be very careful.You should make sure the computer really is a gaming computer and can handle the load of playing games.And to be safe make sure its a brand name computer and not home built because you never know what was done to it in the past.

DoubleHelix

Banned
A money back guarantee? From a random person on Craigslist?

Craigslist is just a site with classified ads. You're buying stuff from people on good faith. I wouldn't buy a computer there or eBay or a garage sale or a guy in a pickup in a parking lot. You can buy refurbished hardware with a warranty from sites like Dell. The risk of buying from a total strange is not worth it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're setting yourself up to get ripped off big-time and have another bad experience.

Once the seller has $370.00 in his hands, do you expect him to hang around and wait for you to set up and try out that computer?

There's also a 50 - 50 chance you're buying a "hot" item.

--------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online