1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

buying new computer, need info :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by david_m_15, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david_m_15

david_m_15 Thread Starter

hi,

im building a new computer as mine is due for an upgrade. ive decided that i can use some of my current parts but

mostly it will be new, and i just want to make sure that 1. its all going to be compatible, and work, and 2. see

if anyone has suggestions to make it better. my budget is around $1500 max, i really dont want to spend that much

cos i wont have any money left.

anyway, here is the list i have so far:

case: Antec Nine Hundred Tower Gaming Case with side window Black(No PSU)
    this is my current case, i wont think ill need a new one.

psu: Corsair TX-750 750W ATX Power
    wanted to bring the price down so i dropped down from 850W. will 750W be enough?

cpu: Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU
    really wanted to go for something nice, friends said this was good. apparently the K means its designed to be

overclocked, and i was going to get help with that.

cooling: Cooler Master V6 GT Universal Cooler
    friend has this one on his i7 2600K. any thoughts?

motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO Socket 1155 Intel Z68 Chipset
    matches the cpu socket. went with z68 cos apparently its better for overclocking and still using the cpu

graphics. i couldnt actually see much difference with this "PRO" one and the "Asus P8Z68-V LX 1155 Intel Z68

SATA3 USB3". would it be worth stepping down to save ~$70?

ram: G Skill 8G(2x4G)DDR3 2133Mhz PC3-17000 CL9(F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM)
    motherboard supports dual channel my friend recommended this one. any thoughts?

graphics card: MSI GTX560 TI Twin Frozr II OC
    my friend also recommended this one, he said if i wanted to upgrade later on i could just get a second one of

these, which overall equals in price a single 580 but would be more powerful.

lan, sound: onboard

dvd drive: using current one

mouse: using current one

keyboard: using current one

os: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM(Microsoft OEM Terms&condition apply)
    i want 64 bit right?

monitor: using current, its a benq 22"

hard disk: OCZ 120G Vertex II E Series SSD
    actually cant remember which exact one i was supposed to be getting, but im pretty sure it was this one. i also

have my 2x500g sata hard drives for storage

ok so thats the list, currently it adds up to AUD$1420.50. the more i think about it, i could really get the non

pro motherboard to save a bit..anyway. could i get ur guys thoughts on this set up, can u make any suggestions to

make it cheaper without sacrificing power, and more importantly am i going to have any compatibility issues?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice