1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying new laptop need help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flamingrooster2, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flamingrooster2

flamingrooster2 Thread Starter

i am buying a new laptop and i need some help. here is the link to my laptop.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220162

it comes with windows vista and i need more ram, about 2g is the reckomended so ime getting 2g. here is a link to the 2g i wanto buy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=ddr2+667&x=9&y=25

will this ram plug into my lap top? how do i install ram on a laptop? i have installed ram before on a desktop but never on a laptop, is it any different? everyone tells me laptops are harder to work on. how do i install ram on a laptop? just open it uP? please help me. :'( If anyone here can help me, Please respong here or email me at [email protected] thanks you for you time guys ^_-

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. flamingrooster2

flamingrooster2 Thread Starter

o ok thank alot ^_^

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Pretty expensive for what you're getting, I'd do some more shopping.

5. iPodBldr

iPodBldr

I would not recommend an IBM ThinkPad/Lenovo Laptop due to their service support. When you have a problem it all ways ended up with reinitializing your system. If you do not have a good backup system you will lose all your set up and drivers. In plane English the “Blue Access IBM” button sucks.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

OTOH, many other makes have a similar policy. When you think about it, it's pretty foolish not to have good backups for ANY system you have, including laptops. I have Acronis True Image backups of all my working systems, including the laptops.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/598839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice