1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying Used Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wolfworx, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

For the last week I have been trying to buy a used Laptop on ebay and have been always outbid.

I can't believe there are a lot of people out there that are willing to pay more than $100 plus shipping for a used Pentium II laptop, but I am consistently outbid in amounts exceeding $115. Add shipping and the cost goes up to $150. You can by a new laptop with Vista installed, 1GB Memory, 120Gb Hard drive and DVD RW for less than $500! What is going on here?:confused:

2. brandonbco

brandonbco

I know a lot of people use these for other OS's like Linux (that can run well on an older machine). The $100 figure is a lot less than the $500 for the average computer user. Up your bid to $250-$300 range and get a better laptop. It will last you longer, be faster etc.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I wouldn't buy one of those old machines for $50. Laptops are one thing that I would always want to acquire new with a warranty. :)

4. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

Where else can I get a P2 laptop at a reasonable price? I need an older PC to run software I cannot run on the newer PC's

(y) BTW I successfully bid today on an old IBM Thinkpad for $30 plus shipping. If it works as specified... success! Otherwise, oh well...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/626102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice