1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buying Used Memory!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JMT74, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JMT74

JMT74 Thread Starter

Hi, I was just wondering what your opinion's are about using used memory. I wanna get more RAM for my Dell Dimension 8250. I have 250 meg in it and I want more.

2. kronus

kronus

I've done it several times, never had a problem. Just try not to pay too much in case something doesn't work. Bought some pc133 from ebay for $15 per stick.

3. JMT74

JMT74 Thread Starter

Lucky you that your memory is so cheap. I need pc1066 and I need to install in pairs so another 250 meg is around a $100. Sux bigtime lol

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Buying used ram is not always the way to go (seldom actuall). Unless you buy from a reputable source that gives you a good return policy, you will probably be better off buying new ram.

5. JMT74

JMT74 Thread Starter

I am kinda confused on something. If memory that is used works. Then isn't it like being new because isn't memory, memory? LOL get what I am getting at. Memory is just there. Not sure exactly how to word that.

6. GripS

GripS

amen. But in the case of RD ram. I can understand wanting to buy it used. Sooo expensive. My old intel machine uses the beta of ram(remember beta vs. vhs?). If the seller has a good rating it should be a safe bet to go with it. Aside from that i'm pretty sure it's not known for overclockability so your pretty safe with it not being abused.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice