1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Buzzing Issues With External Speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matt23sg, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt23sg

matt23sg Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a Dell Latitude D820 laptop, which I have connected to my Logitech external speakers (two speakers and a control box with a base below). I have buzzing coming from the speakers, which through investigation I have noticed is caused by my laptop's charger (when charger is unplugged from computer the buzzing stops).
    I know where the problem is coming from, but no idea how to fix it. Please hlep

Thanks a lot,
    Matt

2. Je55y

Je55y

The problem is more than likely due to an interference caused by the current running through the charger.

Make sure the cable for the speakers and and the cable for the charger do not come in contact.

When they do, its called current induction (or an induced current) meaning you hear a buzzing around the same frequency as the current.

Also, try plugging the charger in to a different power point.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/936835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice