1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bypass password

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tweety32347, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tweety32347

tweety32347 Thread Starter

I am having surgery on Fri and I am going to use my Grand daughters laptop. She brought it over tonight and I tried to get on (it's Windows 2000 Professional) it keeps asking for a password.. my grand daughter gave me her password , but it will not log on. says make sure your user name and domin are correct and reenter you password. Could someone tell me how to make sure the domin is correct.. I know the user name and password are correct..

2. lessno

lessno

IF what your saying is You were given the users name and password and it won't work..... PHONE her and ask if it's all lower case upper case or a combination of both. bob is not BOB or BoB or Bob.
    Now if your trying to hack into your bosses lap top and telling a little white lie to us , ya it aen't that hard.But this board might frown on hacking

good luck !!!

3. debunkcia

debunkcia

wow way to jump down someone's throat! calling to ask her if there are any capital letters or anything is a good idea, also at the login screen make sure that you are loging in to the computer and not a domain.

4. tweety32347

Well to begin with the lapop IS MY GRAND DAUGHTERS. I talked to her several times last night and she told me the password and it is all small letters. I am NOT trying to hack into anyones computer....when the Windows 2000 Professional window starts all there is is a box that says user name --- password--ok--cancel-- and options... when I click on any of the bottom selections 0k--cancle-- options-- it gives me the login error message. I have the correct user name and the password I have tried in large case, small case and every combo.
    How do I tell if I am trying to log into the domain?? I only have 2 days before my surgery and after that I won't be able to sit at my computer--that is why my grand daughter is lending me her laptop..
    If any one could tell me what to do that would be great..
    AND I DO NOT LIE -- NOT EVEN LITTLE WHITE LIES-- THANK YOU

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Click the Options button, and a third line of the login screen will appear. It's a drop down box that will contain the name of the local computer and the domain. The only way to know which one you need to log into is to ask your granddaughter which one to use.

6. tweety32347

I can't get the drop down box.. when I click on options it says Windows is unable to log you in. Make sure the user name and domain are correct and then retype the password.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Leave the user name and password field blank. Then click the Options button. I think you're clicking on the wrong thing. The options button does not try to log you in. The OK button does.

Are you pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up this login screen?

8. tweety32347

DoubleHelix
    When I take out her user name and click on options all it does is remove or cover up the line that says " Log on using dial-up connection".. When I click on options again the Log in error message comes up again.

I am not pressing any thing -- after the computer boots up and the Windows is starting screen goes away the Log in box appears...

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you are not seeing a third line in the login box after pressing the Options button, there is no domain. Your granddaughter either gave you the wrong login information or you are typing it wrong. It's as simple as that. Type the password into the username field so you can see exactly what you're entering. Verify it looks identical to the information she gave you.

There's really nothing anyone here can do to help you with this problem. You should probably have your granddaughter come over and try logging in.

10. tweety32347

Thank you so much ... at least now I know what I am dealing with ... I will have her her on Thur and Fri. and she can help me than..
    Again thank you so very much..

tweety

11. tweety32347

Hi DoubleHelix,
    It's pesty tweety again.. I have 2 little problems on my desktop computer. When I clicked off of this site just a min. ago I got a error message--I have gotten it a couple of times before it says " the instruction at "0x0610fd54" referenced memory at "0x024f1ed6". The memory can not be read." Click ok to teminate the program.
    I don't know why I am getting this message and what to do to stop it.
    Second... when I bring up my Yahoo Instance Messenager I get a Internet Explorer Script Error message-- it reads
    Line 7
    Char 2
    Error Error in loading DLL
    Code 0
    URL http://mtab.games.yahoo.com/messenger/gametab.
    What do I need to do to correct this

tweety

12. tweety32347

DoubleHelix,
    I am so dumb.. I corrected the yahoo messenager problem ... all I did was to remove all the tabs from below my messenger contact list and now when I start it up I don't get the Internet Explorer Script Error message.. I feel about 2 inches tall right now..
    I do still need help with the other problem-- it did it again when I clicked off of this site a min. ago..

Thanks
    tweety

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/386930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice