Bypassing F12 to boot to CD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Raderick

Hello.

For whatever reason, the BIOS will not come up when my computer boots up (neither F12, F2 or Del will work, instead the splash screen will just freeze, and then the computer would turn off altogether after a few minutes). Is there a way to tell Windows Vista to boot to the CD drive when I restart?

Thanks!

Hi!
Have you tried so called "cold boot". Turn the power totally off, turn it back an then F2, as long as it needs to go to BIOS. That needs PS/2 keyboard, USB wakes up too late.

Raderick

Hi!
Have you tried so called "cold boot". Turn the power totally off, turn it back an then F2, as long as it needs to go to BIOS. That needs PS/2 keyboard, USB wakes up too late.
Tried, that, and like I said, nothing happens. Also tried F12 and Del.

Have you tried putting the Vista DVD in and booting from the DVD? you should get a screen that says something like, "To boot from CD press any key" This worked for me on a Dell I was just working on this afternoon.

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts