bytes sent bytes received

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jellybean82

I’m not sure if I am posting in the right forum…but anyway…when I connect to the Internet I have noticed over the past few days my bytes sent versus my bytes received are nearly three times as much. Eg. Bytes Sent 2,500,000 Bytes Received 780,000,00. Also when I shut down explorer but am still connected to the Internet information is still be sent and/or received. I have run Norton but nothing is picked up, does anyone have a clue what this might be?

Thanks

It could be many things.

There is a thread on the first page of the security forum titled "Security Problem?..." by Chatton.

I recommend that you start there, After you have installed and run at least one Spyware program (e.g., Adaware, my favorite because it is simpler), then download and run Hijack This (there's a link in Chatton's post), copy the log and paste it here.

Don't do anything, just paste it here, and we'll take a look at it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online