1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C&C Generals Zero Hour - Making my entire computer freeze

Discussion in 'Games' started by Raiden_MS, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raiden_MS

Raiden_MS Thread Starter

I've recently been getting back in to Zero Hour again, but I'm having some rather nasty problems. The game will load fine, it will go into it, but about 15 minutes in, my entire computer will just freeze. I mean 100% freeze with 0% chance of any response. Not just the game freezing.

I've also just recently started playing online. I only have dial up (with an average connection speed of 36kbps) as that is all the internet my location permits, but if I turn the graphics down, online play seems to work pretty well with minimal lag. I get the feeling though that being online is the cause of the freezing. Even if I'm connected to the internet and playing single player, it will still freeze. It doesn't do this all the time, but very often. My computer (and the game) also freezes when I'm playing a multiplayer game over a LAN.

None of these issues happen with normal Generals, only Zero Hour.

My computer specs can be seen in my profile. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing my problems?

2. Raiden_MS

Raiden_MS Thread Starter

No one can help me? :-/

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  4. Raiden_MS

Raiden_MS Thread Starter

Well I'd only just installed it, but the video drivers seem to have fixed it. Thanks.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    (y) if it sticks, may you don't cross me on the battlefields ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice