1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C&C Generals

Discussion in 'Games' started by WebMyster, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WebMyster

WebMyster Thread Starter

My Specs -
    Pentium 4
    2.4Ghz
    256MB DDR RAM
    64Mb VGA CARD

Is this enough for Command and Conquer: Generals to run smoothly?

And how is DDR, RD and SD RAM different ?

Is it true that 512SDRAM=256DDR=128RDRAM ?

2. xXTiKiXx

xXTiKiXx

That should run extremely smoothly.. C&C Generals isnt a high-tech game just sorta 1/2 3d. Thats not really possible but you know what i mean.. If you can run smoothly on Half-life or AvP. 2 then without a doubt your computer is capable.. And with those stats HL would rok!

3. WebMyster

WebMyster Thread Starter

Thanks for the info...

but i was told by some other guy that even on a 320MB RAM C&C generals ran slow! im confused! :confused:

4. vesselle

vesselle

320MB of RAM? hehe. dunno how he got THAT config. maybe 5 sticks of 64mb? LOL! nooo it couldnt be 5. um... 4 @ 64 and 2 @ 32? that might work! OUCH! it's hurting my head. :)

anyway... its kinda silly to base how a game will work on your pc because of someone else's setup. and that's the kinda thing that drives designers nuts. all the zillions of personal setups. :)

V***V

5. WingRider

WingRider

Yeah. I'm sure C & C will run fine on your computer. There shouldn't be any reason it wouldn't.

The person who told you that might have had a slower processor. Someone told me that Generals requires at least a 1 gig processor, which, as far as I know, is a bit more than most.

6. WebMyster

WebMyster Thread Starter

ok thanks a lot guys!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice