1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C:\ D:\ E:\ Showing as removable hardware, why?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by x_saosin_x, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x_saosin_x

x_saosin_x Thread Starter

Hey, this might be an easy one but, C:\ D:\ E:\ are showing as removable hardware and i dont know why?

for the first time ever after installing windows my hard drives are showing up on the task bar at the end under 'Safely remove hardware' and when you right click on a file or folder there on there on 'send to'

is there any way to get rid of it as its never been there before?

Thanks in advance, Phillip.

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya x_saosin_x.

I`m not sure why they`re suddenly showing as removable when they didn`t before but are the drives SATA by any chance? Try typing `RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll` (without the quotes) into the Run command and see if they`re shown there.

If you don`t like to see the tray icon, could you hide it as an Inactive icon ...

Jenny

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

After installing windows, did you update/install your motherboard drivers?

Make and model of PC?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!