1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C Drive complications and Other Troubles

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by echogeko13, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echogeko13

echogeko13 Thread Starter

I just purchased this Dell Mini laptop from a pawn shop not even a month ago. It was the only thing I could afford, and I needed a computer. Obviously, it had been used, but it didn't matter to be because it was better than nothing.

It worked fine until messages kept popping up saying that I don't have enough room on my hard drive. I tried to delete anything that I didn't use or need, but it wouldn't let me delete the stuff that I really didn't need. I guess I deleted the wrong thing because it won't let me create a new user at all, and I think that it messed with my Firefox browser because I cannot access my bookmarks, nor can I click on any links when I search for them on Google. I can't stream any online videos, I can't use my 'back' button.

I have no knowledge of computers, and I have no idea what I deleted, and I can't restore them in my Recycle bin. I've tried to look up ways to completely clear my drive, but I don't have floppy disks, or any other kind of disk. My computer is too small for any storage device larger than an SD card.

Is there any way that I can clear my drive using my SanDisk SD card? How can I fix my laptop? How can I restore the programs that I need, and delete the ones that I don't need. I'm frustrated and desperate! Please help! :confused: :mad:

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

If it's a Dell there should be a hidden partition which will restore it to factory settings. Not sure which F command for yours but for mine I press Ctrl + F11 on bootup to get the option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice