C Drive complications and Other Troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

echogeko13

I just purchased this Dell Mini laptop from a pawn shop not even a month ago. It was the only thing I could afford, and I needed a computer. Obviously, it had been used, but it didn't matter to be because it was better than nothing.

It worked fine until messages kept popping up saying that I don't have enough room on my hard drive. I tried to delete anything that I didn't use or need, but it wouldn't let me delete the stuff that I really didn't need. I guess I deleted the wrong thing because it won't let me create a new user at all, and I think that it messed with my Firefox browser because I cannot access my bookmarks, nor can I click on any links when I search for them on Google. I can't stream any online videos, I can't use my 'back' button.

I have no knowledge of computers, and I have no idea what I deleted, and I can't restore them in my Recycle bin. I've tried to look up ways to completely clear my drive, but I don't have floppy disks, or any other kind of disk. My computer is too small for any storage device larger than an SD card.

Is there any way that I can clear my drive using my SanDisk SD card? How can I fix my laptop? How can I restore the programs that I need, and delete the ones that I don't need. I'm frustrated and desperate! Please help! :confused: :mad:

Laz123

Banned
If it's a Dell there should be a hidden partition which will restore it to factory settings. Not sure which F command for yours but for mine I press Ctrl + F11 on bootup to get the option.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online