1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C: drive is bitlocked resize partition possible?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CarloBenno, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarloBenno

CarloBenno Thread Starter

Hi people,

This is my first post on this forum so please bear with me!

My question is:
    I have a new notebook and I have used windows bit-locker to lock up the C drive. My notebook didn't come with a TPM chip so I used a work around to get it working by using a flash drive with the keys installed on it at the boot process.

However Ive installed VMware and its taken up a lot of space on drive C. what I want to do now is allocate some of the free space on the D: drive to the C drive, if that makes sense?

Just to clarify my D: drive has no bit-locker encryption on it, but my C: drive does.

Want I want to know is can i just use a partition tool to give the C drive some more space or will this cause problems as its using the bit-locker software?

Also if I can do this, whats the best partition tool to use?

Many thanks in advance,

Carlo.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/995319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice