C: drive is hidden

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jhig712419

hello there following a virus exc my c: drive has been hidden on my pc, i know where to find it and use it from but i want to know how do i get it back onto my desktop,

at the moment to use it i have to go into the run menu on start up and type c: to access it

many thanks for your reading

Your C drive wouldnt show on your desktop by default so I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to recover . What OS are you running ? Start/right-click My Computer ( Computer in Vista , I think) . Check 'Show on Desktop' . Is that what you mean ? You could just open My Computer or Computer , depending on your OS , and right-click on C drive . Send to Desktop (create shortcut) .

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi jhig712419

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

If you use the Quick Launch toolbar, you can drag a shortcut of My Computer or even a shortcut of the C: drive to the Quick Launch toolbar.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online