1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C drive messed up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Freniij, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Freniij

Freniij Thread Starter

ive had my computer for a long time but something happened recently that i dont know whats wrong my C drive is a 200gb harddrive and for some reason after a couple days ago it says i have a capacity of 5gb but when i do a defrag it says i have 5gb capacity and 144gb of free space i dont kno what is wrong with it ive dont disk checks disk cleanups and everything i can think of can someone plz help?:(

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Is that what your Disk Manager under Administrator -Computer Management is displaying? Jazz

3. Freniij

Freniij Thread Starter

no it says i have 144gb but it still wont work

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

Okay, can you be more specific. What still won't work? Jazz

5. Freniij

Freniij Thread Starter

my harddrive it still says im at 5gb capacity and i cant add anything else to my computer

6. jazz3000

jazz3000

So what you're saying is it's not just what you're reading on the screen regarding the loss of your space on the Hard Drive but your system isn't allowing you to save anything? I'm trying to understand what your computer is not doing that is causing you concern. It's running obviously. Has it slowed down recently? Is anything else odd happening? Jazz

7. Freniij

Freniij Thread Starter

yes it has slowed and other than these 2 events nothin out of the norm

8. jazz3000

jazz3000

Have you saved all your important data onto a DVD or CD burn? That would be the first thing I would do. Check your cables and you jumpers on your Hard Drive - if you haven't all ready- and make sure nothing has come loose.
    Not sure but it sounds like you may have a problem with the HD, (not as if you don't know that now), but if it bites the dust before your files are saved then you have more problems.
    After saving my files - Download your particular HD diagnostics and run it to see if there's a problem. Bad Sector, etc.
    If I got nothing from that I would do a fresh install, format, and OS.
    It can be a HD going bad at this point, and or something you've opened or downloaded that is messing up your system. Maybe someone else has another idea in here as well. Let us know...Jazz

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice