1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C:\ Drive Probs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by IgneousPrime, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Thread Starter

Hiya.

I have a weird problem going on. I install something,and when I get tired of it,I just uninstall it. But when I remove the folder from my C:\ drive and fully uninstall the program,it still takes up the same space as if it were installed! For example,I have 81% left on my hard drive. I install something and it goes down to like 79%. I install the program and remove the folder and registry stuff but it's STILL 79%. Can anyone help in fixing this? Thanx in advance

~IgneousPrime~

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Are you running Norton Utilities? If so, check the Norton Protected Recycle Bin properties. FWIW, I turn that totally off and allocate 0% of the disk to it's usage, and this problem disappeared for me. :D

3. IgneousPrime

Well,I don;t use Norton Utilities but I am burning it off my friend right now. So from now on when I uninstall things it will actually give me more space? And how do I get my other space back?

4. IgneousPrime

Umm...doesn't work. Or I dunno where to go. HELP ME!

5. IgneousPrime

I tried everything! I need help without using Norton Utilities! Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice