1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

c:drive will not load anything

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cuds, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cuds

cuds Thread Starter

When i insert a disk into C drive it will not load and i canot go via My Computer. Its like the disk is simply not being registered. Setup, Run and Auto run will not run properly as they are full of errors. It seems that C drive no longer exists. I am very confused.
    Anyone got any ideas??????????

2. columbo

columbo

Hi,

I'm assuming that you mean that whenever you stick a CD into your CD-ROM drive, you cannot access it, correct?
    What errors are you getting exactly?
    If there is no CD in the drive, can you still see the drive when you open up My Computer?
    Is this only happening with a certain CD, or have you tried various CD's, and you get the same result?
    Right-click on My Computer, and select Properties from the menu. Then click on the Device Manager tab at the top. Is your CD-ROM drive listed there? Is there a yellow and black symbol on any of the devices listed?

Please post back with more info.

P.S- When exactly did this start happening?

3. cuds

cuds Thread Starter

I have tried with a number of disks but when i put them in the drive attempts to load them but fails and stops after a few seconds. CD-ROM is still there in device manager. Nothing new appears in my computer.
    A week ago the computer had trouble loading disks and now it has completely stopped.
    Also the computer has been defragmented too often by my dad ( he doesnt know what hes doing). This can damage the drive cant it?
    Thanks for your help, hope to hear again soon

4. ezymony

ezymony

put in cd hit start run D:\setup hit enter autorun won't all the time

5. cuds

cuds Thread Starter

Nothing will load when i put it into C:Drive, including games and CD'S. The drive tries to load them but cant and so stops. Also i cant access it via my computer. Can changing the MS-DOS Mode help or anything else help??
    Plzzzzz let me know

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice