1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C/ files are deleting themselves at ~1 GB/ hour, time is of essence, halfway solved

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by deleting, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleting

deleting Thread Starter

Hi, I've been experiencing the same issues as this previous poster:

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-othe...-deleting.html

The combofix solution requires a lot of expertise and I don't want to just repeat the procedure in case I accidentally destroy critical components of my machine. The responder didn't list out his thought process, so I was hoping that someone can guide me through the process.

Many files have already been deleted (about 100 GBs worth before I noticed), and I'm unable to access internet in safe mode. I ran a malwarebytes scan in safe mode and got a disabled.cryptsvc file highlighted. I couldn't find much about it online, so I just quarantined it. I also tried a system restore point, but it's eaten away a lot of shadow copies and a previous restore point from when I believe my computer wasn't affected. The earliest system restore point is still infected. Since I can't access internet while in safe mode, and some files have actually deleted themselves while my computer was shut down, I'll have to leave my machine running on normal boot, so these files are going to be deleting themselves until someone helps me. So time is of the essence here. Please hurry.

To save time, I've already ran the two scans mentioned in the previous thread and combofix is waiting to be downloaded from this link:

http://www.infospyware.net/antimalware/combofix/

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    Cores: 4, 1,500 MHz 4 logical processors
    RAM: 4.00 GB

I also attached a screenshot of my task manager from all users in order of RAM usage in case that's useful. Thanks in advance.

Memory in HD this morning: 212 GB
    Current Memory in HD remaining: 206 GB

EDIT: To those from Google, I was able to safely remove the threat by the same method used in the earlier thread I linked to.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice