C++ - How,what,just..what? XD someone help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

satanicguardian

Just been researching C++ out of curiousity because i wanted to start playing with basic programming, and wikipedia has just confused me, what is it, what purposes does it serve, what format is it in, how can i develop it etc?

Thanks XD

you mean the basic programming script of c++ ?

#include <iostream>
string name = "C";
cout << "What is your name: ";
cin >> name;
cout << name;
---------------------
When you press Enter, here's the output
Output
What is your name: C

C++ serves the purpose of being a programming language and a powerful one at that. A source file will be in text format, the output will mostly be in executable format. You can develop in C++ by downloading a compiler which is piece of software which takes the source and makes it understandable to the computer. Visual C++ or Dev-C++ are both good compilers you could take a look at.

Any introductory book on C++ aimed at complete beginners should give you a good introduction to the language. Wikipedia-ing C++ isn't going to be very illuminating if you don't know anything about programming yet.

calvin-c

Banned
I'm sure this will generate plenty of controversy but IMO all programming languages are pretty much the same, except possibly in their learning curve. They all serve the same purpose (writing programs) and offer the same basic functionality (variables, branching, iteration). Some go beyond those basics which makes them easier to use 'once you learn them' but even the advanced functions are usually nothing more than a streamlined way to use the basic functions. (Like you can use addition/subtraction for multiplication/division, but using multiplication/division directly is faster.)

Most 'language' software includes an integrated development environment (IDE) and those can be significantly different-but they aren't really the language. Just like Internet access isn't email although most ISP's seem to lump them together.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts