1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C:\ is not accessible access is denied Location is not available (Pop Up)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by justinbowness15, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. justinbowness15

justinbowness15 Thread Starter

Hello people,
    I hope somebody can put me in the right direction here.

For some unknown reason i have come to my computer and whenever i click on the C: My computer or any icon on my desktop or try and edit any file (delete etc) i get the pop up message C:\ is not accessible access is denied Location is not available.

I thought this might have something to do with user accounts however I am the only user and administrator of the laptop and have all wrights, box's ticked.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. Lance1

Lance1

Hello justinbowness15 and Welcome to TSG!

Try this, click Start, in Search Programs and Files type diskmgmt.msc Right click the diskmgmt icon in the search results and select Run As Administrator. In Disk Management, right click the C:\ Partition and choose Properties \ Security \ Advanced \ Owner, now add your user account as the Owner of the drive.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      246.5 KB
      Views:
  4. justinbowness15

justinbowness15 Thread Starter

Hello Lance,
    I followed your tips above but as soon as i click on diskmgmt.msc i get the pop up message
    Windows cannot access C:\windows\system32\diskmgmt.msc

see details:error code:0x800704b3
    If i click diagnose i get the message An error occured while troubleshooting

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice