C++ runtime error - Abnormal program termination

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

arnstein

I installed a shareware program (rmconverter) that wanted me to update my WMP runtime library from WMP8 to 9. The program didn't work, so I uninstalled it, but now another favorite app Zinf won't load, siting runtime errors - abnormal program termination.

Anybody got a clue how to fix this? I've tried reverting to older registries, no fix there. Thanks

It is possible that they shared .dll for other files and those have been deleted. I would recommend uninstalling then reinstalling the Zinf app to see if it fixes this problem.

When you say "I've tried reverting to older registries, no fix there" do you mean a system restore?

Unfortunately some programs are not covered under a restore, so it may be lost anyhow.

arnstein

Uninstalled zinf, also ran regedit and deleted every reference. Did fresh install, still have problem. Sigh. It's a simple, free mp3 player with a GUI that works for me, and I'm used to it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online