1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\desk.cpl.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by boogieman, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boogieman

boogieman Thread Starter

hey guys, im getting this error C:\WINDOWS\System32\desk.cpl.
    when i click on control panel or right click on desktop then properties. This happens as soon as i do these motions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been in my RegistryEdit to delete some games that wheren't totally uninstalling for some reason, would this have anything to do with this error? I was reading something about the error is my video driver though so i don't know whats up. plz help thx

2. Bulldog

Bulldog

Hi Boogieman,

See if this helps.
    Start > Run > type (or copy and paste)
    sfc /scannow
    >enter.

NOTE***
    For sfc /scannow with regular install cd after SP1 is installed. This is a quote from
    Kelly of Kelly's corner.

Put the regular CD in the drive first, exit its Autorun, then run the
    SFC. It should then find the SP1 files in the Windows\ServicepackFiles
    folder, and go on from there to the versions on the regular CD.

3. Mollie

Mollie

What operating system are you using? What video driver is installed?

Also, I would suggest going back to the site where you read about the video driver being the problem; it's possible they may have a solution, or at least some links that lead to more information.

Mollie

4. Mollie

Mollie

It would also help if you posted the exact error message you're receiving. :)

Mollie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/143546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice