1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\conime.exe error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by roslyno, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roslyno

roslyno Thread Starter

Hi, I keep receiving the error c:\windows\system32\drivers\conime.exe when I start up my computer. It tells me it cannot find the file.

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

have you done a virus scan on your system? Jazz

3. roslyno

roslyno Thread Starter

yes I have done many virus scans. The error has been there for a year or more and I just live with it. It comes up just when I'm starting up.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    This is what I found about that file:

conime.exe is a part of the the Microsoft Windows Operating System and is essential for the secure and safe operation of your computer. This process is used when a Asian laguage is used in Windows.

Note: conime.exe could also be a process which is registered as the Input Method Editor Remote administration backdoor tool. This backdoor application can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Note! If your system is using a non western language this can be a legitimate entry.

Determining whether conime.exe is a virus or a legitimate Windows process depends on the directory location it executes or runs from.

Some other reading:

http://www.file.net/process/conime.exe.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

5. roslyno

roslyno Thread Starter

Thankyou. I did read up on that and tried to do a registryfix referenced on the site but this has not helped.
    I think it is time for me to have the computer physically cleaned up by an expert. It is very slow to start up.
    Thanks for your offer of help.

6. roslyno

roslyno Thread Starter

Also, I didn't meant to infer you were not an expert! I realised how that sounded after I sent. I just meant rather than me fiddling around with things. Appreciate your assistance.
    Many thanks.
    Roslyn

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Roslyn:

If you take your computer to a computer shop to "get cleaned up", they're probably going to recommend formatting the hard drive and doing a fresh install of XP.

If you have any personal documents, photos, etc. you want saved and not lost in the process, you need to copy and burn them off to CD-R's before you take it in.

I'm just trying to save you some grief before it's too late.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/807602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice