C:Windows\Systems\Pstores.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Red Boy

When booting up this morning, I received a message, from my BOClean Trojan protector, that file -- C:Windows\Systems\Pstores.exe -- had a conflict with BOClean and that if I wanted to avoid this conflict and subsequent computer crash I should click "Yes" and BOClean would place in their "exclude" folder. I clicked "Yes" and it has been placed in BOClean's exclude folder. However, I am not familiar with this file and have not been able to find anything on Google about it. Could it be part of my Systems Restore program? Perhaps someone in this forum may know and may enlighten me.

Thanks,
Red Boy :confused:

RedBoy
It is my understanding that PStores main program that is used for Encrypting data used by the "Auto complete" Function within Internet Explorer. See attached Pic for location.
It handles storing Names and Passwords on forms, Forms, and Web Addresses. The Auto Complete will fill in a box you are typing with anticipated possible elements you have typed before.

Dave

Attachments

Red Boy

Thanks, Dave. That makes sense. I cannot perceive how I can be at risk by BOClean excluding this program from their examination. BOClean does provide the option to restore should I choose. But at this time, I cannot foresee why I should restore. Do you, or any others reading this post, have a different view?

Thanks,
Red Boy

Red Boy
Well the risk is this......
If a Worm or Trojan did slither its way in past your security and had a mind to and the ability to decrypt the Pstores would it find sensitive information there that could be used to cause you harm?

Remember Pstores carries names and passwords if you elect it to. I do not use Auto Complete for that very reason. I do not want my names and passwords stored anywhere other than in my head or on a piece of paper in my control.

Web Addresses and Forms????? I really don't care if someone steals any of that info. I do not use that function anyway so my caring is academic.

Dave

Red Boy

Thanks, Dave. Excellent points. In an abundance of caution, I think I too will get rid of Auto Complete.

Thanks again,
Red Boy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online