1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C:\windows\temporary internet files Question

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dcweats, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dcweats

dcweats Thread Starter

I frequently empty my C:\windows\temporary internet files director. But whenever I run a virus scan there is always a folder with in this director called something like C:\windows\temporary internet files IE.5 Content something. And, it always has stuff in it.

But, I can never even see those file or the director when I use windows explore. Why not? What is this folder?

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

It is several folders of Temporary Internet Files and cookies.

3. iaavagent

iaavagent

Make sure to check the box "all off line content" when deleting from IE.
    Content IE is cumlative and will build up over time if you don't ck the above.
    You won't get rid of it all but don't let it build up as within months it will have thousands of files and many MBs of space.
    Do you delete from IE? right click on IE,click properties, and click delete files, and then you will see the above box to ck. Also you can delete history files.and cookies[cookies not there in w95 so you have to go to the file] If you knew all of this, sorry.

4. Steve-x8086

Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    After selecting the files you want to delete, if you hold down the Shift key - Right Click - and select Delete, it will Delete the files you selected without them going into the Recycle Bin.

Warning, you won't be able to restore the selected files. They will be gone.

I just Select all the files in the TIFiles folder and delete then daily.

Haven't had any problems in years.

Steve-x8086

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice