C:\windows\temporary internet files Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dcweats

I frequently empty my C:\windows\temporary internet files director. But whenever I run a virus scan there is always a folder with in this director called something like C:\windows\temporary internet files IE.5 Content something. And, it always has stuff in it.

But, I can never even see those file or the director when I use windows explore. Why not? What is this folder?

Make sure to check the box "all off line content" when deleting from IE.
Content IE is cumlative and will build up over time if you don't ck the above.
You won't get rid of it all but don't let it build up as within months it will have thousands of files and many MBs of space.
Do you delete from IE? right click on IE,click properties, and click delete files, and then you will see the above box to ck. Also you can delete history files.and cookies[cookies not there in w95 so you have to go to the file] If you knew all of this, sorry.

Steve-x8086

Steve
After selecting the files you want to delete, if you hold down the Shift key - Right Click - and select Delete, it will Delete the files you selected without them going into the Recycle Bin.

Warning, you won't be able to restore the selected files. They will be gone.

I just Select all the files in the TIFiles folder and delete then daily.

Haven't had any problems in years.

Steve-x8086

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online