1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

c

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VolatileSqui, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VolatileSqui

VolatileSqui Thread Starter

CD-ROM: LITE-ON LTR-48246S
    Under the devices properties it has a status message saying:
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

My cd rom wont recognise any cd's i put in it and the cd rom doesn't come up under My Computer. Anyone know how to help?

2. stod73

stod73

Nice thread title!

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. pc_rej_pc

pc_rej_pc

Open MS-DOS prompt window and try to access that cd-rom there by typing "cd X"(X is the letter of your cd drive). If you cannot access it in DOS then type "exit" to go back to desktop. Some values in the registry needs to deleted but it is not nice to do something with it so try to load a good registry. If this does not work, you can call your comp's manufacturer so they can help you edit the registry. If after registry has been edited and it still does not work then check in BIOS/System Setup if that drive is detected there. If not, then most likely cd-rom, the cables or motherboard slot is not okay.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

He has a driver error on the CD, I can assure you that the MS-DOS prompt window will not see it. I've seen this happen lots of times, if you search this forum, you'll see that the same answer normally fixes it.

I can't imagine why you'd call the $6/hr tech support and let them try to help you edit the registry, you certainly have more faith in them than I do! :rolleyes: After all, when the smoke settles, his fingers will still be the ones doing the typing, and I doubt the instructions will be any clearer than Microsoft's KB article I posted.

6. pc_rej_pc

pc_rej_pc

I'm sorry I didn't know they charge you there for just that. I don't pay for tech support from where I am. When I have to edit my registry I really consult them.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice