1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

C5280 x86 Type 3 User Mode driver for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Massacher, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Massacher

Massacher Thread Starter

hi, i am trying to share my printer (HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One) to a Sony Vaio Intel Centrino T5200 (VGN-FE2) 2GHz, 1GB RAM laptop running WinXP Pro SP3.

i am stuck on the part where i go to add 'Additional Drivers...' on the Sharing tab of the printer's properties page.

i select x86 Type 3 - User Mode and press OK. it asks me to Install print drivers (x86 processor). i press Browse... and select the first file hpohsla.inf. i opened this file and in there, a little bit down the page it says "Operating system version recognition is supported for Windows XP and later NT-based operating systems.". so i think this is the correct file to select but i am not 100% sure of this.

i click OK and then it asks me to Install Components From Windows media. Please provide a path to Windows media (x86 processor).

this is where i am stuck. i don't know where to find the ntprint.inf file it's asking me for. i have tried the drivers folder on the install disc that came with the printer but it's not on there. i did a search for it and turned up zero results.

my specs:

Core i7-860
    Gigabyte P55A-UD5
    G.Skill-Trident 4GB DDR3-1600
    Sapphire HD5870 1GB
    ViewSonic 19" WS (2ms)
    WD SATA 1TB HDD x2
    LG SATA 18x DVDRW x2
    Thermaltake Evo_Blue 750Watt PSU
    Noctua NH-C12P-SE14

running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

i can add the printer on the laptop as i see the path for it, but it asks for the driver there. as it's not installed on my Win 7 machine it won't find it.

so what i am asking is where can i get the ntprint.inf for x86 Type 3 - User Mode?
    i have searched google as i have been trying to find it and a solution on how to successfully share the printer to WinXP but i haven't had much luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice