1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CAB file error - not sure if "program specific"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bleepster, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

Mods - if you need to move this to the "Games" Section - please do so. But i dont think this is a "game" problem.

My sister is running WIN XP (SP1 i think) and she bought Lego Star Wars for her son.

when she tries to install the game she gets the following error message:

Error 1330. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file E:\Defaul~1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 3 was returned by WinVeriftyTrust."

she then clicks "OK" and gets this message:
    Error: -1603 Fatal Error during installation. Consult Windows Installer help (MSI.chm) or MSDN for more info.

is this program specific? or a windows problem? And how can this be fixed?

FYI - her "E:" drive is the drive with the game CD in it.

2. bedderz

bedderz

Hi Bleepster

My first guess on this one would be that this is a damaged CD. The CD-ROM is reading what it thinks is the correct data from the CD but when the installer is using this data, its is not finding what it expects and therefore is throwing that error at you.

If you sister bought this from a reputable retailer then I would take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement, I'd imagine as long as you have a receipt then they will be happy to oblige you.

Hope this helps

Mike Bedford
    Microsoft Certified Professional | Microsoft Certified Desktop Suport Technician - WinXP

3. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

that was my first thing I told her. I would like to keep this discussion open mods. She will get a replacement disk tonight, and tomorrow i will post the new findings

thank you for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice