1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cable management for the first time!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zantaff, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zantaff

zantaff Thread Starter

Hey guys, this is my first time building a case from scratch, and I was wondering how my cables looked.
    Good, bad? Did I do anything stupid?

Also, my 8-pin EATX, cable was a bit short, so it's in there really tight. Is this going to become a problem?

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Cables look fine, and as long as cable isn't so tight that it's bending the plug and that it's locked in place then it should be fine. Depending if the window on the side of the case you may want move or hide the cables that are on top of the top drive.

One recommendation that I would make for future builds is that you install the CPU and heatsink before you mount the motherboard in the case; it makes it much easier especially locking the heatsink down. Installing the RAM is easier as well with it out of the case.

Another thing I'd recommend is that you space out the hard drives so they are not stacked on top of each other; that will help with heat and may help them last longer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice