cable modem blues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

warren925us

:( I recently got cable internet and i installed it through my USB port because i didn't have an enthernet card.I heard that high speed or LAN connections work best with an ethernet card rather than UBS port.Is is true?Because I need to install Java for my fiancee so she can go to chat rooms and i keep getting messages stating that some of my programs cannot find my network connections. :mad:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
In general, Ethernet will be more stable and problem-free than USB connections. I don't believe that your problems mentioned are connected to the USB connection, but obviously I'm not positive. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online