1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cable modem blues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by warren925us, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren925us

warren925us Thread Starter

:( I recently got cable internet and i installed it through my USB port because i didn't have an enthernet card.I heard that high speed or LAN connections work best with an ethernet card rather than UBS port.Is is true?Because I need to install Java for my fiancee so she can go to chat rooms and i keep getting messages stating that some of my programs cannot find my network connections. :mad:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

In general, Ethernet will be more stable and problem-free than USB connections. I don't believe that your problems mentioned are connected to the USB connection, but obviously I'm not positive. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice