Cable modem problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Essential

Hello everybody :)

My question is, is it true, that your connection speed can slow down a lot after being constantly used by downloading movies, music and the like. Can my ISP do that?
Because, i want new music (electro house) daily, and the last few days my internet speed has gone down to mind blowing 155 kbps/30KBS . It has been like that for the last week. Before it, i had almost a gig of new sets/mixes daily, so, if someone can, please answer my question.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. i'm sorry if i had any grammar mistakes, english is my 3rd language.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, they can certainly throttle your connection, it really depends on the terms of service of your ISP. This is something you'll have to take up with the ISP, since that's obviously where the slowdown has taken place.

Essential

And now, exactly when i need help, their website is down -_-" . Annoying.

It's hard to get used to such a slow speed, when it has been at least 200 Kb/s a few days back. :X

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Don't they have phone support? If not, how would one ever get help if the network was totally down?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online