1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cable modem problems.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Essential, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Essential

Essential Thread Starter

Hello everybody :)

My question is, is it true, that your connection speed can slow down a lot after being constantly used by downloading movies, music and the like. Can my ISP do that?
    Because, i want new music (electro house) daily, and the last few days my internet speed has gone down to mind blowing 155 kbps/30KBS . It has been like that for the last week. Before it, i had almost a gig of new sets/mixes daily, so, if someone can, please answer my question.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. i'm sorry if i had any grammar mistakes, english is my 3rd language.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, they can certainly throttle your connection, it really depends on the terms of service of your ISP. This is something you'll have to take up with the ISP, since that's obviously where the slowdown has taken place.

3. Essential

Essential Thread Starter

And now, exactly when i need help, their website is down -_-" . Annoying.

It's hard to get used to such a slow speed, when it has been at least 200 Kb/s a few days back. :X

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Don't they have phone support? If not, how would one ever get help if the network was totally down?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice