1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cable modem problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rylo82, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rylo82

rylo82 Thread Starter

When I connect my cable modem to my computer, the PC light wont come on, and my computer acts like nothing is plugged into the nic. What gives??? Its worked before, but now it just acts like the cable modem isnt even there! The cable modem is a Toshiba pcx1100u, and the os is win2k. Please help! thanks!

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are you using the USB port or the ethernet port connectinng to a NIC?

3. rylo82

rylo82 Thread Starter

Im using the ethernet port to connect to a nic.

I tried the usb when i first got it, but it wasnt nearly as fast.

4. NiteNow

NiteNow

If you dont get the pc light on the modem or the link light on your card, the problem is the connection between the modem and you computer/nic.

in other words either the cable, the modem or the nic is not working properly.

1) If it just disapeared, try rebooting your modem..they get stuck sometimes. :)
    2) Try turning the cable and put the end now in the pc into the modem.
    2) Try another cable
    3) Try another nic if possible
    4) Get your isp to check or replace your modem

NiteNow

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice