1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cable modem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nomad, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nomad

nomad Thread Starter

I have a small peer to peer network in my house right now, hooked up with a 5 port hub. I am thinking of going to cable modem, are all the computers in the house going to be able to use this same modem at the same time without buying router? I have heard of a program called winroute. Will this help me or is there other software that I can use to accomplish this

2. Rockn

Rockn

A router is probably the easiest method, but you can use a proxy program like you mentioned or just use the native one built into Win98/ME....think XP has it too.

3. drdrew1469

drdrew1469

4. nomad

nomad Thread Starter

What is the name of the native one built into win98? I never knew there was one

5. drdrew1469

drdrew1469

I didn't know there was one either ;) . I think maybe Rockn is talking about the ICS capability?!

Drew

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice