cable modem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bdimag

the past 2 days, whenver i wake up, my internet is messed up and i cant use it until i go and turn my modem off then back on, then it works just fine! any idea whats causing this?

if you need to know, its a Toshiba PSX1000 and im with road runner

thanks

what happens if you go to start/run and type

win98 winipcfg, release all, renew all

2k ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew

It sounds like it's your isp resetting the servers at night or something along that line so that you are losing your lease

bdimag

ok i did that, now i guess ill have to wait until tomorrow morning

Hi theoneandonlybd,
Call tech support and have them assign you a new IP address. I had the same problem with Cox. I called and we tried a few things and he assigned me a new IP address. It works great now!(Knock on wood)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online