Cable trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

efra-band

Hi, i've been having trouble with my cable lately. Up until recently my downloads had been fine. I would tipically get around 200-300 kb/s when downloading mp3s and such from sites. Now my internet has begun to slow down and will not reach above more than 50 kb/s regardless of the server. I dont know what happened. I had the cable internet guy come to my house and scope it out and he said it seemed fine. Why there has been such a dramatic change in the speed of my internet lately i've not a clue. i ran ad-aware and it found nothing but a few tracking cookies so i dont think its a spyware problem. If anyone can help me out itll be much appriciated.

thanks
matt

Network congestion most likely.
It may seem that your connection is slower than normal, but you need to consider traffic on the website your downloading from. If there are a lot of simultanious connections, your speed will slow as the server cannot keep up bandwidth for them all.

The sites you visit are effecting your speed (or so it may appear) especially if your downloading files. I would suggest the following:
Run a
speed test
, and compare it to others in your area.

Do this several times throught the day, and if you notice vast differences you will see that the problem is not your providers, it is the net.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online