1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cache speed

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Ihatebestbuy, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ihatebestbuy

Ihatebestbuy Thread Starter

I was testing my computer on Pcpitstop.com and it came back that my cache speed was unusally low. I was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem? I have been having many problems with my computer and I wonder if maybe this is causing some of them. I am not even sure what Cache speed does. I also listed the programs that were running when the test was being taken. Does anyone know what

LVCom Server Unknown C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE is? I have no idea what this is, I unchecked everything on msconfig except systray and zone alarm and rain. For some reason these other programs still show up? I would appreciate any help I could get on this.

Below is the results of my tests.

TIP > Unusually low disk performance

Drive C has a cached speed of 28.05 megabytes per second.

Drive C has an uncached speed of 1.73 megabytes per second.

Drive D has a cached speed of 28.95 megabytes per second.

For comparison, systems with the same CPU, clock speed, and memory size as this one have an average cached speed of 43.54 MB/s and an uncached speed of 2.88 MB/s .

Programs running during test.

Description Application File Name
    LVCom Server Unknown C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE
    \ZONEAL~1.EXE
    TrueVector Basic Alert Logger ZoneAlarm C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE
    TrueVector Service ZoneAlarm C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
    Internet Explorer Windows C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE
    Windows Explorer Windows C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    Win32 Kernel core component Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    Multimedia background task support module Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMTASK.TSK
    WIN32 Network Interface Service Process Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    Windows 32-bit VxD Message Server Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    WMI service exe housing Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
    System Tray Applet Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\systray.exe

2. indigowindow

indigowindow

try it again after you do a disk cleanup, history & cookie cleanup, run scandisk, defrag, restart in MS-DOS and run scanreg /fix. if you still get low readings for your hard drive, it may be that your hard drive is a 5400 rpm drive and your cpu is faster than other 5400 rpm hard drives show up with. i had that same analysis when i upgraded my board, cpu, and ram. but wait until someone comments on the programs you have questions about.

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

lvcom seems to be installed with logitech cameras and may not be needed at startup, most things aren't that software puts in your start up

if it's unchecked and the pc works fine, then leave it unchecked, it's not running

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice