Cache speed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ihatebestbuy

I was testing my computer on Pcpitstop.com and it came back that my cache speed was unusally low. I was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem? I have been having many problems with my computer and I wonder if maybe this is causing some of them. I am not even sure what Cache speed does. I also listed the programs that were running when the test was being taken. Does anyone know what

LVCom Server Unknown C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE is? I have no idea what this is, I unchecked everything on msconfig except systray and zone alarm and rain. For some reason these other programs still show up? I would appreciate any help I could get on this.

Below is the results of my tests.

TIP > Unusually low disk performance

Drive C has a cached speed of 28.05 megabytes per second.

Drive C has an uncached speed of 1.73 megabytes per second.

Drive D has a cached speed of 28.95 megabytes per second.

For comparison, systems with the same CPU, clock speed, and memory size as this one have an average cached speed of 43.54 MB/s and an uncached speed of 2.88 MB/s .

Programs running during test.

Description Application File Name
LVCom Server Unknown C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE
\ZONEAL~1.EXE
TrueVector Basic Alert Logger ZoneAlarm C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE
TrueVector Service ZoneAlarm C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
Internet Explorer Windows C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE
Windows Explorer Windows C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
Win32 Kernel core component Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
Multimedia background task support module Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMTASK.TSK
WIN32 Network Interface Service Process Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
Windows 32-bit VxD Message Server Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
WMI service exe housing Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
System Tray Applet Windows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\systray.exe

try it again after you do a disk cleanup, history & cookie cleanup, run scandisk, defrag, restart in MS-DOS and run scanreg /fix. if you still get low readings for your hard drive, it may be that your hard drive is a 5400 rpm drive and your cpu is faster than other 5400 rpm hard drives show up with. i had that same analysis when i upgraded my board, cpu, and ram. but wait until someone comments on the programs you have questions about.

lvcom seems to be installed with logitech cameras and may not be needed at startup, most things aren't that software puts in your start up

if it's unchecked and the pc works fine, then leave it unchecked, it's not running

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online