Cached files taking up storage... which ones can I delete?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

20jtd18

Hello!

I am currently trying to clean up my Macbook Air as it had been warning my storage disk was filling up, and when I opened up the storage section the majority was in the 'other' category. After some internet research, it seems most people recommend to delete cached files from the ~/Library/caches in Finder that aren't necessary. However, nobody gives a clear guide on which ones are necessary or not and, as I'm not a computer expert, I only know the basics of what each cached file is and couldn't begin to comment on their worthiness, but I do know that they're taking up a whole lot of space.

Please help! Also, if this is a dumb question I'm so sorry I'm doing my best.

Thanks!

Hello!

I am currently trying to clean up my Macbook Air as it had been warning my storage disk was filling up, and when I opened up the storage section the majority was in the 'other' category. After some internet research, it seems most people recommend to delete cached files from the ~/Library/caches in Finder that aren't necessary. However, nobody gives a clear guide on which ones are necessary or not and, as I'm not a computer expert, I only know the basics of what each cached file is and couldn't begin to comment on their worthiness, but I do know that they're taking up a whole lot of space.

Please help! Also, if this is a dumb question I'm so sorry I'm doing my best.

Thanks!
Do Not clear any System/cache files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online