1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Calculate Age using Omniform 4.0

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by erichornick, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erichornick

erichornick Thread Starter

Hello,

I am working on developing a new admission record for the Georgia War Veterans Home where I am employed.

I have developed the form using Omniform 4.0 and I would like the form to calculate the residents current age automatically.

I beleive I am using the right formula: Sum([Date]-[Date of Birth])/365.25

Here lies my problem:
    So, today's date 12/28/2004 - 2/23/1977 = 27.85
    If I change the settings to only use two decimals omniform returns the age as 28. Is there any way to make it use two decimals yet not round the answer? Will it round down?

If I keep the settings at two decimals I am able to delete the .85 and have it say 27.00; however, this isn't quite the look I was hoping for in the end product.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. erichornick

erichornick Thread Starter

I solved the problem on my own.... I discovered a messageboard on the OmniForm website that had the solution to my problem.

Thanks Anyway

Eric

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/312602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice